A Product Designer in the Vancouver, WA area dedicated to creating amazing user experiences.
Hi, my name is Preston, a UX designer with a background in multimedia design, ecommerce and business marketing. I believe that the key to any great experience is the research that is put into it. Which is why I lead a research driven design philosophy for all of my projects.
Experimenting with new mediums is a passion of mine as you will find from my experiences listed below. I have helped develop engaging user experiences for a fledgling game studio; I led a team of video-editors and interviewers for an international arts organization; and have spent the last three years of my life providing UX services to companies across the country.
With my background and knowledge I feel that I would make a great addition to a wide variety of projects. Take a look to learn more about me and how I could fit in to your team!
- Competitor Analysis
- Data Analysis (Google Analytics)
- Persona Creation
- Task Development & A/B Testing
- User Interviewing
- Brand Design Systems
- Motion Design (After Effects)
- Rapid Prototyping
- Style Guides & Storyboarding
- User Flow Maps
- Wireframes & Mockups
- Adobe XD
- Adobe Premiere and After Effects
UX Designer / Remote/Rainier, OR / Feb 2019 – Present
- Conducting primary and secondary user research on target audiences to
identify pain points
- Designing wireframes, user flows, and functioning high-fidelity prototypes based on analyzed data to test user experience concepts
- Undertaking A/B testing to measure user satisfaction with concepts in preparation for iteration
- Producing deliverables to demonstrate my research and design process end-to-end
Saddler & Sons Land Management
UX and WordPress Designer / Rainier, OR / Jul 2021 – Present
Designing the website for a landscaping company utilizing UX techniques and the power of WordPress.
- Collaborating with teammates in WordPress for the redesign
- Meeting with company leadership for feedback throughout the design process
- Creating a site map to better understand user behaviors on the site
- Developing a website utilizing the data collected from research
Húlí – CMDC Studios
UX/UI Team Co-Lead & UI Artist / Rainier, OR / Jun 2021
Lead a team of UX/UI designers in the creation of two websites, wire flows, mockups, and user interface assets for a 2D side scrolling video game.
- Cooperated with Art direction, Game Design and Programming for designing the user interfaces of our game
- Designed and created UI components (ex. menus, in-game HUD elements, etc.) from paper sketches to visual mockups in Adobe Illustrator
- Collaborated with UI programmers in Unity to realize assets in-game
- Upheld user experience principles across all aspects of the project
The NEXT – Electronic Literature Organization
Video Production Lead / Vancouver, WA / Jan 2021 – Jun 2021
Lead a team of designers and video editors in the creation of multimedia content for an international arts organization.
- Oversaw production of 33 videos and ensuring their inclusion within the virtual space
- Interviewed electronic literature artists and scholars from across the globe
- Ensured user accessibility by developing closed captioning for videos
- Responsible for video team maintaining The NEXT branding across all assets
Quest for Arete
UX and Game Designer / Vancouver, WA / Nov 2020
An interactive fiction text-based video game created in Inform 7.
- Partnered with other teammates to consider game design and player engagement targets
- Assisted with writing, designing, and coding the game within the software
- Lead UX testing to provide feedback to developers
- Project won the 2021 SURCA Crimson Award for Humanities
Washington State University Vancouver
Bachelor of Arts in Digital Technology & Culture / Graduated May 2021
- Concentration in UX/UI and Multimedia Design
- Minor in Business Marketing
- Stuart Moldaw Scholarship
- 3.8 GPA – Graduated with honors, Magna Cum Laude
Lower Columbia College
Associate in Arts & Associate in Applied Science / Aug 2016 – Jun 2019
- Department of Business 2019 Student of the Year Award
- Double Major
I am always excited to start new projects and work with other creatives. My goal is to continuously build my knowledge and skills by helping user across the globe.
Let’s get in touch!